Does the City Complete Structural Assessments

No. The entire 40-year report, finding, and corrective measures are all based on the integrity of the Architect’s report. Your architect or engineer should prepare a new 40-year Safety Inspection report to be submitted to the Building Department. It is the responsibility of the building owner to pay for and obtain the architect or engineer's report.

For more information please contact us by email or phone (954) 457-3065.

The Building Division is now open to the public Monday through Thursday from 7:30 am - 5:00 pm. (Excluding Holidays) City hall is closed on Fridays.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do when I receive the 40 Year (and Older) Building Safety Inspection Program letter?
2. Does the City Complete Structural Assessments
3. Does 40 Year Building Safety Inspection Program only apply to Condominium and Apartments?
4. What is the purpose of the 40 Year (and Older) Building Safety Inspection Program?
5. I want to sell/buy property. How can I know that the property has passed the 40 Year Inspection?
6. Do I have to pay for the inspection?
7. What if a property built 40 years (or more) ago was never listed?
8. Does each unit of an apartment building or condominium need to be inspected?
9. What can I do if I did not meet my deadline for my 40 Years Inspection?
10. Will an inspector from the City come out?
11. I did a complete interior demolition/renovation of my property. Am I exempt from the program?