Will the police watch my house while I'm on vacation?
Yes, if you are a resident of Hallandale Beach, just call (954) 457-1400 and tell the call-taker your address and they will prepare an “Extra Watch Notice” to be given to the patrol officers that patrol your neighborhood. Be prepared to tell the supervisor who will have your keys and/or who to contact in case of an emergency.

You may also fill out the request and bring it to our department. There is a copy of the form in the Document Center in the Police Department folder titled: Residential Security Check Request

Show All Answers

1. Why did it take so long for the police to come when I called 9-1-1?
2. Why am I asked so many questions when I call 9-1-1?
3. How can I get a copy of a police report?
4. How do I apply for a Police Officer, Community Service Aid or other position in the Hallandale Beach Police Department?
5. What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
6. Will the police watch my house while I'm on vacation?
7. Who should I call to report misconduct by a police officer or police employee?
8. Can the police open my car if I locked the keys inside?
9. Does Hallandale Beach Police Department take fingerprints for the public?
10. Does the Police Department provide Notary services?