- An application must be submitted for each position you apply for. All applications submitted by mail must be postmarked by the closing date, unless the position is open until filled.
- A photocopied application with an original signature and date is acceptable. Applications are only accepted for jobs that are currently being advertised. The application is available in pdf format.
- Complete each section of the application fully. Failure to complete the application thoroughly could result in your application not being referred for consideration by the hiring department.
- Applicants for employment with the City of Hallandale Beach must sign and have notarized a non-tobacco use affidavit affirming that they have not been a user of tobacco products for at least one (1) year immediately preceding application for employment.
- Response e-mails from the Human Resources Department are sent to all individuals who submit an application in response to an advertised opening.
- Depending upon the nature of the work for which you are applying, the selection methods may range from an evaluation of your application with regard to your experience and training, an oral examination, a practical examination and/or written examination
You may attach a resume; however, a resume may not take the place of the completed application. Do not write “see resume” in response to questions. Resumes are accepted as supplemental information.
Health InsuranceThe City offers single, double, and family coverage through Aetna Health. The City pays 100% of the cost for the employee’s coverage, and 70% of the employee’s dependents portion. All employees are eligible for health insurance on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
The City offers two (2) dental plans through Aetna Dental. Rates for each of these plans vary.
The City offers eleven (11) annual paid holidays, including:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
All full-time employees accrue a minimum of eight (8) hours of sick leave per month, beginning on the first day of employment.
- Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance and Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance
- Bereavement Leave
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Police Defined Benefit Pension
- Paid Parental Leave (up to 12 weeks)
- Dependent Care Stipend ($150/mo)
- Deferred Compensation through the City’s ICMA Retirement Corporation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union Membership
- Voluntary ROTH IRA
- Tuition Assistance
- Cafeteria plan of additional insurance programs through AFLAC
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)The City of Hallandale Beach has been and will continue to be an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
Having a conviction will not necessarily disqualify you for employment. The nature of the work or the location of the position for which you are applying determines your acceptability for employment. The nature of the charge for which you were convicted would also have a bearing. Therefore, please answer the question completely and accurately and make whatever additional comments you think might better assist us in evaluating you.
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Accommodations may be made upon request; please inquire at the Human Resources/Risk Management Department. If an accommodation is required to take a test, please be sure to make your request before the test date.