COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I find information on the Phase One Reopening plan? 

Visit Frequently Asked Questions about this order are available here.

Are the Parks Open?

Several parks are open on a limited basis as part of our Phase One Reopening. Information is available at The remaining Parks in the City of Hallandale Beach are closed until further notice.

Is the Beach Open?

Yes. the beach is open from sunrise to sunset. 

Is City Hall Open?

City Hall has limited in person operations.  We encourage you to do all your business online.  We can be reached through our Hotline, available Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm at (954) 457-1489.

What positions are currently available with the City of Hallandale Beach? 

Available jobs are regularly posted online. You can access them by clicking on the following link: Current Job Listings

Can I apply for jobs online? 

Yes, you may apply online by visiting the following link: Apply Online. Additional job resources can be found on Career Source Broward. 

Are City job interviews being held in-person or online?

Hiring managers are responsible for coordinating interviews, but during this pandemic emergency, interviews will be held by phone and/or video conference. Further details will be discussed when a hiring manager contacts you.

What if I have additional questions relating to employment? 

For additional information in regards to employment with the City of Hallandale Beach, you may contact our Human Resources team at (954) 457-1356 or you may email us at

How do I apply/re-certify for Food Stamps and/or Medicaid?

To reapply/re-certify for Food Stamps and/or Medicaid you will have to contact the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) by calling 850-300-4DCF (4323) or online at

What do I do if my landlord gives me an eviction notice?

Currently, courts are not processing eviction notices. We suggest that you may try to work with the landlord to establish a payment extension due to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. Contact Coast to Coast Legal Aid for legal assistance at (954) 765-8955.

Where do I apply for Unemployment Benefits?

The State of Florida has issued paper unemployment applications to help applicants who cannot apply via the website.  The application should be printed, completed and mailed to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity, PO Box 5350, Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350.  Paper applications are available at the Hallandale Beach Police Department.  The application is available in three languages at

The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) offers assistance to people who do not speak English as their primary language and to those who have a limited ability to read, speak, write or understand English.  Espanol: 1 800 204-2418  Kreyol Ayisyen: 1 800 204-2418

Anyone who needs assistance filing a claim online because of legal reasons, computer literacy, language barriers or disabilities may call 1 800 681-8102.

How can I find a food pantry?

To find a food pantry, you can call the 24-hour Broward County helpline at 211 for food pantries and food distributions.

How can I apply for rent, utility, and other assistance?

The City of Hallandale Beach CRA is offering limited assistance for these issues through grants.  Find more information at

How do I apply for medical coverage if not eligible through the State of Florida?

You may call the Community Health Services of Broward County (Memorial Primary Health Care) (954) 276-9700.

When is the Hepburn Senior Mini Center reopening?

As of now, there is no scheduled date. Welfare telephonic calls will continue. The City of Hallandale Beach offers several ways to stay updated: Human Service Website, Senior VIP Listen Line: 954-457-1477, AM Radio: 1620, and the City's Website.

When will registered senior program participants receive the next Meals on Wheels delivery?

A staff member will contact you regarding the next delivery and/or pick-up times.

When will registration begin for the Hepburn Center Summer Camp?

A date has not been set, however, you can add your name to the Hepburn Center Summer Camp Appointment Call list by clicking here Summer Camp, or complete and submit the form by clicking here: Summer Camp Call List

For more information, please call Youth Services Supervisor Nicole Carter at (954) 457-2989.

Are Public Records Requests still being fulfilled? How should we submit them?

Yes, our staff is working diligently to respond to public records requests as best as possible. To the extent the requested records exist electronically, and are available for remote access, staff will make every effort to provide these responses accordingly. However, if the records requested are not available electronically and cannot be accessed remotely, these requests will be delayed. You may submit Public Records Requests by email to

How and when may I view and participate in City Commission meetings:

In-person City Commission meetings are postponed until further notice. However, pursuant to Governor DeSantis’ Executive Order No. 20-69 issued on March 20, 2020, the City Commission is holding virtual City Commission meetings. The public is encouraged to subscribe to Notify-Me to receive information regarding notice of a meeting and access to meetings as necessary. 

Please click here to obtain a copy of past and future agendas: Legislative Resource Center 

Is there Public Participation at virtual City Commission meetings or can I request to be on the agenda? How can the public participate?

Yes, Public Participation will be heard during the virtual City Commission meeting. Any member of the public who wishes to speak at said meetings can do so by registering with the City Clerk here. eComments is also available for both meetings through the Legislative Center by clicking here. The Public may email comment(s) beforehand to the City Clerk at, (MUST include name and address). Please submit no later than one (1) hour prior to the scheduled meeting to be heard. Comments submitted after that time may not be heard).

Can we still do property lien searches? What is the process?

Lien Search requests may be submitted online through Conduits or mailed to the City Clerk’s Office, 400 S. Federal Highway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 with $165.00 payment made payable to City of Hallandale Beach for each request.

Am I still able to register for office? How can I run for election?

Yes, all these functions can be supported electronically and may be carried out remotely. For Election, information click here or email

What is the non-emergency phone number for the Hallandale Beach Police Department?

(954) 764-HELP (4357)

More questions?  Submit your question here.